These days, many people are shifting to a vegan diet aiming to lose weight. A vegetarian weight loss meal plan does not include dairy products, meat and animal products. A vegetarian diet means absence of meat products strictly. A typical vegetarian diet includes seeds, legumes, nuts, soy products, vegetables and fruits. The vegetarian food reduces weight and also promotes overall health. In fact, the risk of health problems such as heart disease, high blood pressure, cancer and diabetes is also reduced.
Basics of vegetarian weight loss meal plan
A vegetarian diet plan is effective to reduce weight, but planning properly is essential so that your body is not deprived of nutritional requirements. A vegan healthy diet plan excludes high saturated foods, cholesterol and protein. On the other hand it includes foods high in calcium, potassium, carbohydrates, magnesium and fiber. In vegetarian diet, pulses and legumes are rich protein sources. So plan a proper vegan diet that is nutritionally balanced and practice routine exercise to ensure vegetarian weight loss meal plan works perfectly.
Vegetarian Weight Loss meal plan
The vegetarian weight loss meal plan must include protein, iron and carbohydrates. The calorie needs differ with each person and on this is based the overall health condition.
Low Carb Vegan Diet Plan: This is found to be useful to weight loss. The vegan diet versions are helpful. The low carb vegan diet sample is:
- Breakfast: A rolled oatmeal cereal. Take soy milk one cup, add rolled oats half cup and soak, add walnut two teaspoons, raspberries 2 teaspoons to the cereal. Have one orange with the cereal for breakfast.
- Lunch: Prepare salad having lettuce, red cabbage, yellow or red bell pepper, tomato, cucumber, carrot, peas and celery. Bake marinated tofu and to the salad add low carb oil and vinegar.
- Snack: Mix soy yogurt and any fruit to eat as snack.
- Dinner: Cook half a cup brown rice for dinner. Prepare leafy green vegetable and add cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, carrots and leafy green. After dinner eat a dark chocolate and an apple.
Sample Vegan Diet Plan:
Vegan diet plan is a diet that including only vegetarian foods. You can have a diet plan to follow in a day.
- Breakfast: 2 wheat bread slices with soy cheese. A fruit salad with pineapple chunks, papaya, kiwi fruit and passion fruit grill it for 5 minutes and have it with breakfast.
- Lunch: Boil spaghetti 150gm; add tomato pasta sauce and garlic. You can use parmesan cheese as topping. Eat rice pudding canned with fresh strawberries as topping.
- Dinner: Prepare a pitta bread bean burger. For this you need carrots, oatmeal, vegetable oil, basil leaves, vegemite, kidney beans and garlic. Prepare burgers, grill for 8 minutes, stuff them between pita breads, salad leaves and top with soy yogurt.
- Snacks: Any healthy snacks can be had twice a day such as popcorn, dried fruits, fruits, rye crisp bread and bread sticks.
A vegetarian weight loss meal plan is best assuring weight loss in a healthy manner.