Today, the world is an image-driven world and it has led many people in having a desired image or body type. This has resulted in crash diets that work. The aim of losing weight fast has evolved and aims strongly at these diets. Some popular crash diets ensure good and fast results.
Crash diets are required for people who wish to lose 10 pounds in a week, while some in a day. Following diet is not new; most well-known celebrities such as Beyonce Knowles to Kate Middleton follow a strict diet and shed off quickly any gained extra pounds.
Crash diets restrict the intake of calorie causing weight loss in a short time. Such crash diets that work ensure weight loss, besides cleansing and detoxification and may be followed if you wish to lose weight within a small term for an upcoming party or occasion. These diets are short-term solutions and there are possibilities of gaining the same weight back. This is because the short term solutions are about water loss and not burning fat. Thus, on reverting to regular eating habits, the weight is back.
List of Crash diets that work
Grapefruit Diet: The grapefruit diet is a 12-day diet that claims to contain a fat burning enzyme. In fact, the diet plan having a combination of foods incorporated helps in losing more weight. The diet insists on the intake of grapefruit or its juice with each meal. It is believed by the experts that the restrictive calorie intake actually helps in losing weight. Once again, it is best to follow this diet only after the consultation of your doctor.
- With this diet, you can have 2 eggs, 2 bacon slices and grapefruit juice 8 oz in breakfast.
- Salad and any meat type 3 0z and half a grapefruit for lunch.
- Vegetables, salad, fish or meat and a cup of tea or coffee if required with 8 oz grapefruit juice or half grapefruit for dinner.
- Radish, corn, red onions, broccoli, bell peppers, jellies, low fat salad dressings and jams are allowed in this diet plan.
Cabbage Soup Diet: This diet is about consuming cabbage soup with vegetables, fruits milk and meat for 7 days. The diet includes cooked or steamed cabbage and so naturally the extra cholesterol levels are reduced and are no magic. This diet works on low calorie intake principle.
- Follow this diet plan for 7 days.
- Unlimited fruits allowed on the 1st day, but no bananas.
- Second day eat vegetables unlimited, cooked or raw, but no potatoes, though for breakfast one potato may be had.
- Third day vegetables and fruits mix may be had, while on the 4th day, have milk 3 glasses and six bananas.
- Eat 10 oz portions of beef boiled with six tomatoes on the 5th day as two portions.
- Have boiled beef with vegetables in unlimited amounts on the 6th day, but eat brown rice only and include unlimited amounts of fruit juices.